Sunday, January 06, 2008

I complained about the rat infestation to my cleaner today and so she had some help move the kitchen cabinets, sink and refrigerator. What we saw and smelled was unfathomable. There was a wretched plume of rancid, foul, rotten carcass odor and the floor covered with a thick black ooze of rat hair, dust and blackness....ugh. Needless to say, I couldn't stay in the room while they cleaned it up. I have never smelled anything like it before, except at the zoo and at SC Village manure paintball. But even manure was fresh in pale comparison to this.

I also got into my first fender bender on my way to the supermarket this afternoon. It wasn't my fault though because the other car was trying to overtake several cars when she suddenly swerved sharply back into my lane. My guess was she panicked at seeing the oncoming car, but really she should not have panicked, or waited at a more opportune moment to overtake.

Owell, young drivers. Small dent anyway, too bad, semi-cute girl.

J.