Thursday, April 19, 2007

Musings Vol 16

- Returned from a whirlwind trip to Santa Cruz looking for places to rent as we are sick and tired, and tired and sick of being stuck in Manhattan Beach. We are planning to rent for a year up north, and in the meantime sell or develop our house. Anyhoo, we found a great place, but are one of 9 applicants. Since we show no income month to month, only year to year, beating out someone with a consistent income may be tough. All we got going for us is that we have owned a home for 6 years, and maybe the other applicants have not? *fingers crossed*

- Wylie still does not like travel. He is old enough to hate sitting in one seat for 6 hours, but young enough that he can't really entertain himself. Not to mention the whole sleeping in a new place and messed up bedtime schedule made for a fun trip.

- I have found a new love for my PSP ever since I discoved this little program called 'devhook' that essentially lets me boot my PSP with any firmware I want which lets me both play my NES and Doom games, while also playing the latest games. So, I have so far: 300, WarCry (the Warhammer card game), The Marvel Vs. Cardgame, Star Wars Legos, Medal of Honor, and the greastest of them all, Puzzle Quest. Except for WarCry, 300 to some extent, and Puzzle Quest, I would have been SO PISSED if I had spent any money on these games. I played for a few second and deleted them ina fit of boredom and anger. Puzzle quest is great, and I intend to buy it, 300 is so-so, I will delete it, and WarCry is awesome and I intend to buy it. All my games are legal. All of them.

- I went to the Strategicon website via a banner from BGG, and found this game description of an event being run:

This is part two of the Dead Presidents series. In part one, the Dead Presidents were raised by the Masons to fight the Scourge from The World of Warcarft in Washington, DC. They won, but Woodrow Wilson died closing the gate. Now it's on to Chicago to face the Ents from the Lord of the Rings and their Leader, Treebeard.

Really makes me a) think twice about coming to Kublacon because the strength of the games offered at Strategicon appears to be the best around, and b) reminds me with great fondness some of the games we used to play in at Strategicon in the old days when the cons were much more "wild west" and anything sort of went. Good times. BTW, kidding about not coming to Kubla.

- Confirmed and purchased a ticket for Colleen to come to town and cover my shift with Wylie, so I will be attending Kublacon for all 4 days (leaving early monday morning)! Huzzar!