Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dammit Ja-el! We could be rich right now. LOL! I only vaguely remember that -- did I actually write that copy? It seems like so long ago....

After a very brief game of WarMachine in which Enron punched me into the applesauce, we broke out D&D Minis. I picked up a starter and booster of this game recently partly to get a little D&D feel and partly I guess to get rid of all the fiery money burning a hole in my pocket. Anyway I had a good brainless time with it.

The neat thing is that Wizards JUST posted all the stat cards from the first set on their website, and several of the Chainmail minis have equivalences in D&D Minis. (About half of the minis I own have direct equivalences, including my sweet sweet Ogres and Owlbear. No Dire Badger though. Boo.)

Mostly it was weirdly fun to talk about numbers like "armor class" and "hit points" again. I am definitely getting into the mindset to do some role playin'. Myke and Enron, I know that you sometimes say that playing RPGs with only three people is slightly "off" but I say we work with what we got and have a game in a couple weeks. I mean we have Myke's swinging bachelor pad to use.

Oh, and as far as GenCon goes, I will be flying in to John Wayne airport Friday night around 8:30. I expect to be in 3xtr3m3 gaming mode. Role-playing will be served. Enron what are your plans for Sunday? Would you or Dave Defeat be interested in staying at the con a bit later than usual on Sunday, or perhaps throwing down in the M.B.?

Rude... you GOTTA make a "greatest hits" of your TV-show escapades and put that shit up on Youse Tube!