Monday, May 31, 2004

Kublacon is Funlacon!

So I went to the Days of Wonder (Memoir '44) site to see what up with customs, and though I haven't found anything with regards to that yet, I have discoved that the Euros already have their copies, and they love it! Duh! I was also poking around the boards and found a discussion about getting women to play the game and everyone's experience with it, generally positive, which was encouraging for me, then I came to the post that stated:

"My wife would rather eat bugs than play a wargame with me."

That snapped me back to reality!

Also this site blew me away and made me think about how cool it would be to put on a convention that was a bit different and for a slightly different gamer/mindset. Check it out, and see if you are remotely inspired by it at all.

http://bfaidutti.free.fr/rencontres/renc.html